A job confirmation letter is a formal document that states the employment confirmation of a candidate. An employer uses this...Read More
Flight Attendant Resume Samples
Related Resumes and Cover Letters
Flight Attendant Job Description:
Energetic, enthusiastic, and ambitious, these words can profile the flight attendant’s prima facie. Like every other job, the first impression always matters. It’s all about body language and how you present yourself. As the responsibilities of flight attendants, a flight attendant provides routine service, and most importantly, ensures the safety and comfort of airlines and passengers. So this article will help you save time on researching the responsibilities, recruiters expectations and tips for writing flight attendant resumes.
Duties and responsibilities of a Flight Attendant:
The primary duty of a flight attendant is to ensure the safety of passengers in flight and offer support and adequate services while needed, so friendly professionalism is mandatory. While most of their work takes place in the air, attendants also perform ground-based duties, such as cleaning the cabin, resocketing supplies before and after a flight.
Flight attendants have some responsibilities in getting ready for a flight that includes a pre-flight briefing with the pilots about the flight plan, the route the plane will travel, cabin conditions and flight details like length of the flight, weather condition, fuel condition and potential layovers in the destination city. Flight attendants conduct a pre-flight inspection of emergency equipment and demonstrate their usage. Flight attendants fill the supply, check safety equipment so that the plane is ready to take-off.
In-Flight support and safety duties:
Flight attendant’s in-flight duty starts from checking passenger lists and to ensure the proper arrangements accordingly. They have to demonstrate all passengers the use of safety and emergency equipment like oxygen masks and ensuring that the passengers have their seatbelts fastened, seats are locked in the upright position and all carry off items are properly stored to their respective allocated spaces before the takeoff, and ensuring all the passengers to turn off mobile phones during takeoff.
The other primary roles are to ensure a comfortable and satisfying flight experience for all onboard passengers. The common service role is serving free snacks and drinks or taking orders from a common sales cart.
Some passengers may have some special needs like serious medical conditions or disabilities. A flight assistant has to offer extra assistance and care for these types of passengers. An additional pillow or blanket comfort, in-flight entertainment like movies, news or music, and gadgets like headphones are often included for inventories; so flight attendants must maintain proper decorum and amiable personality which are often included in the job profile. Airlines are required by law to provide flight attendants for the safety and security of all onboard passengers including the cabin crew; so they must ensure that everyone follows security regulations properly and makes the flight deck secure.
Flight attendants spend most of their monthly working time (about 50 hours), performing ground-based duties mostly submitting charts, flight logs, and writing reports. A flight attendant’s task doesn’t end when the plane lands. After all the passengers disembark, each attendant has to fill out an issue report on any incidents that occurred on the flight. He/she has to check the passenger cabins, the crew cabin for malfunctioning equipment, and collect items passengers/crew members left behind. An attendant is assigned “base city” when he/she starts working; it allows them to fly out of one airport most of the time. An attendant may have to stay overnight at a flight’s destination point. Most of the shifts work on three days on-off basis where the overnight shift counts as “on” days.
Length of shifts:
Airline business never resumes, it’s 24×7, throughout the year; so flight attendants don’t work traditional nine to five. Instead, their shifts can go anywhere from two to twelve even fourteen hours; anything longer than that would violate union regulations and can compromise passenger’s safety. New flight attendants are subjected to follow a mandatory one-year probationary period. This means they can be on call 24/7 and they must fill in for more senior attendants that call out. Flight attendant personnel are even sometimes required to wait at the airport so that they can board planes on very short notice of time. Ironically they have to be prepared for any type of scenario at any time of years, and the most popular travel periods are evenings, weekends, and holidays, so a mental positive set up is always needed for this kind of job.
After completing his/her initial training, new attendants spend time on-call: means they can always be called at work.
Requirements or expectation by the recruiters:
In the current competitive job market, even a small difference can play a major role in cracking the dream job. So it is very important to know what the employer’s expectations or requirements are. Check these Top 10 Job Hunting Tips for an effective job search. Here below are some particular skills and abilities employers looking for:
- Service orientation: Benevolent and modest nature, positive mindset and actively looking for ways to help people are the most important qualities employers are looking for.
- Oral expression and Speech clarity: The ability to communicate with others and speak proficiency in English and other relevant different languages give a huge edge over other candidates. Communication in the easy and flaccid way with passengers as well as fellow crewmates surely is the key to success.
- Well organized and Courteous: In this type of job behavior, communication skill, polite and amicable manner plays a major role in getting the job. The person should have a good organizational skill base and should be able to communicate both in the hierarchy level of the organization, and the passengers in a diplomatic manner.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills: Correct decision making in a high-pressure situation is a key skill employers are looking for. Flight attendants should be able to think precisely and give proper instructions to the passengers calming and soothing their minds in any unforeseen circumstances like air turbulence or other unfortunate events like engine failure or crash situations. Always remember to follow the rule and show quick intellect during panic situations.
- Team playing and Time Management skills: Flight attendants act as the bridge between the cabin crew and passengers, so team playing and maintaining a precise time dependent routine is immensely important for this job.
- Multitasking ability and Computer Proficiency: In this age of digitalization, to do a work properly with efficiency and in an organized manner, computer skills are must from keeping a tab on every do’s and don’ts to create a day to day worksheet. It can be done by using Microsoft Office tools; so candidates not only are needed to be computer proficient but certificate and work experience in these types of worksheet tools sure do give an edge over others. Any kind of job time management plays a pivotal role in favor of that particular organization’s growth and development. Nowadays without proficiency in computers in this field that’s not possible at all.
- Experience: Competition for flight attendant positions is very strong and the supply of application far outweighs demand. Good Aviation industries are always looking for some type of experience in this field, as that shows the proof of how efficient the candidate can be and how he/she handles themselves during a stressful situation. So the ability to take correct decisions in a pressure situation and prior experience sure does give candidates an edge over others. Certificates of any prior EMS (Emergency Medical Services), CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and AED (Automated External Defibrillator) with consistently high scores in customer service evaluation may come handy for this job.
Tips for writing Flight Attendant Resume:
Creative, out of the box, unique writing of a resume is sure a difficult task. There are many tricks and tips to do that. MyCVdesigner.com provides each person a specific unique style resume for every single professional field. Keep in mind, you need to attract the hiring managers in many ways to get a Flight Attendant job. Check these resume writing tips to know how to write a resume properly. Here are some ideas and tips on writing resumes for flight attendants to make your dream come true.
1. Put an engaging summary:
In your resume, the first thing a recruiter or hiring manager notices is the summary. It is better to start your resume with a short and crisp summary. If you put some keywords which the recruiter mentioned in the advertisement, it will get more focus. Try to find out those keywords and mention them in your resume summary section.
Your resume summary should be an overview of the things you are adding to your resume. As you know, the recruiters take only 6-10 seconds to scan a resume. If they find something attractive, they continue reading. So, you can add your top achievements or experience, and anything that can give you an advantage or qualify than the other candidates.
2. Showcase experience section properly:
Showcase Experience Section Properly: An experienced candidate always takes place in a hiring manager’s priority list. The main motive of writing a resume is to convince the recruiter that you’re the best candidate for the job. So, while writing the experience section, you need to check if all the information mentioned is proper.
Mention your top achievements as bullet points, for example, you can mention the number of flights you served or handled any emergencies. If you don’t have any experience, you can add your scores or marks during your studies.
3. Mention top relevant skills:
4. Use proper format:
There are three different formats or methods to write a proper resume, the best method to write a Flight Attendant’s resume is to follow the reverse Chronological Resume format. You can check these flight attendant resume templates for a better view of this.
As the Flight Attendant is a higher hierarchy job, and the past work experience is an important qualification for it. The Reverse Chronological format deals with the experience. But if you are just starting your career and don’t have any experience in any other related job, then you can write as the functional resume format. It will be the best choice for you. It is a combination of a chronological and traditional resume. It focuses on your main advantages.
Some final tips for Aspirants:
We don’t force anyone to get service from our resume writing team, rather we help them to achieve expected results through resumes. You can write a good resume on your own if you have proper english knowledge and writing skills. But if you want to make your resume stand among the good resumes, then you can contact our resume writer team, which provides professional resume writing services and templates.
These flight attendant resume samples are prepared according to the candidate’s qualifications and the job requirements. We classify the merits and demerits of the candidate qualifications and match them with the employer requirements and order them accordingly. We also make research about the company you’re applying and design your resume as per their taste and expectations. Read our career blogs like Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Checklist and many more for a better career move. Other than resume writing service we also provide different templates, you can select the one suit you. If you write your resume you can check your resume score with our professional team and get suggestions to improve your resume.
I hope the information provided will help you in a lot of ways. Best Wishes from our team for writing your Flight attendant resume and wish you luck for getting the interview call from the employer. All the best! Pack your bags, and get ready for a flying, adventurous future.
Other Great Resumes & Cover Letters from related Industry:
5 Best Resume Designs and Principles to Follow in 2022
If you are looking for some of the best resume designs, I am pretty sure you are very much serious...Read More
Modern Cover Letter Template For a Resume That Can Land an Interview
What is a Cover Letter? How modern Cover Letter template for a Resume can land an interview for you? A...Read More
Importance of Choosing a Professional Resume Maker for Designing Your CV
Professional resume makers make resumes that play a crucial role in influencing job recruiters. At present times, when high competition...Read More
Top Offbeat Career Opportunities in 2021
There are many offbeat career opportunities that a candidate can choose for their career, but in the year 2021, the...Read More
How to Brand Yourself to Boost Chances of Getting Hired
If you want to be successful in your professional life, you need to build a strong image or brand to...Read More
LinkedIn Profile Writing Tips for 2021
No matter what your job field is, you must have a strong, persuasive, and optimized LinkedIn profile to get noticed...Read More
Want A Job In 2021? Attractive Text Resume Templates Can Help
In 2021, getting a suitable job is difficult. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought a massive fall in the global economy....Read More